Sunday, April 1, 2012

Old Delhi Spice Market

March 11, 2012

Another highlight of an Old Delhi visit is the spice market.

Take your pick!

Indian food is very spicy (not necessarily hot) and flavorful. The reason? It's the striking balance in the mixture of spices that comes with every dish--be it vegetarian or non-vegetarian.

Cinnamon (first time I saw it not on a bread roll!)



Can you name your spices?! I can't!

Dried fruits and nuts
Red Hot Chili Peppers, anyone?! (laal garam!)
Keep in mind though that Indian cooking is not made better based on the number of spices alone. While the curry base, as we have learned in our cooking class, will almost be the same for every dish, figuring out which spice to put at what stage of the cooking process will be the defining point of your culinary success! How I wish I'll be able to do just that!

Guy salesman from the spice shop offered us some info/lecture
about the Indian spices. I wonder if anyone actually bought
anything! He was even giving a 10% discount!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Namaste! I'd appreciate your comments so don't hesitate to drop me a line. Salamat po!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...