Monday, April 16, 2012

American Diner Night

March 18, 2012

After a very long day with the tombs, the jazz and the art, I spent Sunday holed up in my room. Well, actually, I was supposed to go with Amanda, Rosie and Julie (Sue as well?) to the Gandhi Smriti, the house where Mahatma Gandhi stayed until the time he was assassinated. The thing was, when apparently they were knocking at my room, I didn't hear a thing. I blamed my iPod-headset-used-for-Aspi-movie-marathon for that.

So, for the evening, I decided to come with them instead to the American Diner, one of the non-members-can-access food places at the India Habitat Center (Eatopia, the other one, is like a food court, not in an SM kind of way).

Can you see the turban? The boy's turban is smaller (top knot)
than the man's (all around). Probably due to hair length.

It's like the design in Diner Dash. hehe
Clippings and photos are of Bee Gees I think.



Vehicle photos and logos

 Since I have not eaten for the day, I was really looking forward to eating a lot that night! The other girls' primary target for the night at American Diner is a good 'ol bottle of Kingfisher beer. I think this is a local brand. 

Kingfisher Beer (625ml = Rs. 245
plus taxes + service charge + service tax!)

As for me, since I was really not in the mood to drink, I wanted some stuff that I really miss. AKA Mountain Dew and Hotdog Sandwich!

The English girls were like, What's that?! Apparently, it's the
first time they've seen a Mountain Dew. I find it weird coz I
thought Pepsi brands were quite popular. Not in this case though.

Hotdog Sandwich with Home-made Fries and salad (wine(?)-pickled
carrots and bitter gourd with onion and lettuce)
In truth, my total bill of Rs. 380 (P300?) was kinda pricey (especially since the hotdog tasted like the P26  7-Eleven one). But hey, two weeks in and I was missing hotdog so much already. I really thought I deserved my splurging that night! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Namaste! I'd appreciate your comments so don't hesitate to drop me a line. Salamat po!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...